Showing posts from December, 2018

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 - 5GHz Not Found Solved! (Hackintosh & Windows)

TP-Link Wireless Card Recently I have been having issues picking up the 5GHz channel from my router using the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 . Some days I would boot up and the computer picks it up from the jump but in the past few days, it would give me network errors dropping downloads and the Internet connection itself. At first, I thought it was my ISP but my Samsung S7 Edge and Apple iPad Mini 4 all seemed to be finding the 5GHz channel with ease. I did some Google-fu and found it has to deal with how the NIC picks up 2GHz/5GHz channels sent out from your router. I believe my ISP router was switching to higher channels on the 5GHz channel automatically and causing network errors when I was downloading huge files over WiFi from either compensating with the huge network downloads (2GB and up) or from the surrounding competing neighboring routers on my street. I changed out from the boxy router that was provided by my ISP and switched it out with a Netgear Nighthawk R6700 (AC1750). Ev

The eXperiment #2

While reading an interesting article on Petapixel on the sweet spot of lenses. It came to mind that maybe if I shot at the required aperture of 5.6 @10mm which I shoot almost always I would substantially control variables in my little AEB experiment using my camera setup. It makes sense to shoot at the best aperture that produces the sharpest images I can get during my explorations. In eXperiment #1, my aperture was at different settings and may have skewed the final photos before blending them together creating slightly sharp photos due to the aperture. It is true that shooting at the sharpest aperture of your lens is important in this little eXperiment but found out that in the field shooting at aperture 5.6 @ 10mm didn't always produce the correct and proper exposure for the scene. Continuing on in the field I came back with the following. 6 Images 12 Images I could not discern any notable differences in image quality in both sets of images. Nothing popped out

The eXperiment

The final AEB work product Before Final Edits This past weekend I explored with my friend J at a very cool power plant. I've wanted to shoot inside this plant for a long time since seeing the pictures from J's portfolio. Last weekend I got to do that. This time I was armed with a new photography technique from landscape photographers that I wanted to try out. I realized landscape photographers photograph similar to what I do whilst exploring. Landscape photographers final images always have a front to back sharpness and detail that I admire. It is a similar creative process I try to emulate inside abandoned buildings all the time. Armed with only my trusty Canon T3i I set about inside finding the right composition I wanted to experiment with once I got back to my photo lab. And boy, did I shoot the hell out of this place (238 photos, 5.45GB). I didn't even document every room because of time constraints. Lining up the shot, I clicked about nine shots at the